Thursday, October 21, 2010

11 weeks

Dear Baby Kamp,
yesterday Mommy got to hear your heartbeat for the first time. It was an unbelievable experience that had me near tears and helped me feel even more close to you, my little unknown. The experience was a little too brief for my liking, but despite the short duration of time I had, I will never forget the sound of your little heart beating from within my tummy.

Daddy was unable to share in the experience with me, but he was right there in the waiting room lobby, waiting for his chance. The exam was too short and the Doctor in too much of a hurry to take the time for him to hear your little heartbeat but if he had been there I am very sure he would have felt the same amount of awe that I did. I doubt he would have teared up like Mommy did, but then again between you and I, he is just a little bit of a softie ;)

We will be going back in 4 weeks, you and I. Mommy will get to see your first picture and maybe even learn if you'll be a little man or a little lady. I am so excited and cannot wait. Maybe Daddy will even tag along again.

No comments:

Post a Comment